Award-winning creative director with over 16 years of advertising agency and in-house experience concepting and producing high-quality campaigns. Brands include Apple, Facebook, Mazda, Activision, Toyota, Adidas, Bonobos. Created disruptive campaigns in every media including digital, social, broadcast, experiential, stunts, OOH, print and radio. Solutions-oriented strategic thinker. Team leader, collaborator and mentor. Loves inspiring others and growing client relationships. Published author. Passion for the written word.
Digital & Social Media Content
Film & Video
Adobe Creative Cloud
Garage Team Mazda — Creative Director, ContractJuly 2020-Present
● Currently leading the Mazda USA digital launch of CX-9 including website and online advertising assets. Leading an intern team and collaborating with social and tier 3 partner agencies to ensure campaign ideas stay consistent throughout all touchpoints.
Facebook — Creative Director, ContractSeptember 2019- April 2020
● Developed and oversaw an awareness campaign for Giving Tuesday that included managing a creative team to create and deliver a series of animated posts, retargeted ads, ad tiles and more. Collaborated with strategy, account, media and in-house production as well as animation house to deliver world-class creative. Partnered with Facebook Watch to augment the campaign. The end result was Giving Tuesday saw an increase in donations, to over $125 million in 2019.
● Collaborated with front and back end developers for F8, Facebook’s developer conference. Wrote copy and content for the F8 website and mobile app.
Observatory, A Stagwell Corporation — Creative Director, ContractAugust 2019 - September 2019
● Led a team to create an anthem brand spot and series of short-form documentaries for Bonobos. This involved showing them the ins and outs of how to generate an organic anthem based on interviews. Worked with post-production to create multiple edits for TV and online.
● Ideated experiential and PR stunt ideas for RM Sotheby’s in order to generate hype for a one of a kind Enzo Ferrari auctioned at the Grand Prix Abu Dhabi.
Garage Team Mazda — Creative Director, ContractNovember 2018 - May 2019
● Spearheaded the global launch of the new Mazda3, a four million dollar 360 campaign.
● Developed the campaign idea and led, collaborated with or managed 12 creative team members who executed the vision across broadcast, digital, social media, print, online radio, web, retail in-store, displays, eCommerce and video content.
● Presented to the CMO of Mazda as well as Mazda North America marketing team stakeholders.
● Collaborated with Hispanic, African American and tier-three partner agencies to ensure the work was seamless across all channels.
● Partnered with National Geographic to develop branded content ideas that aligned with the campaign idea.
TBWAMedia Arts Lab— Associate Creative DirectorNovember 2016 - May 2018
● Helped launch the award-winning Behind The Mac campaign, culminating in five short-form documentaries, digital and social, OOH as well as eCommerce. Managed junior teams to produce social media and digital content.
● Working from Media Arts Lab Tokyo as a CD, I managed a creative team to help write and produce a campaign for the iPhone exclusively for the Japanese market. Brought script ideas, rewrote english translated versions, presented and sold through concepts to Apple Japan’s CMO as well as the worldwide CMO. Based on its success, I oversaw the campaign’s second year.
● Launched a global campaign for shot on iPhone across print, TV, digital and OOH.
● Mentored individuals and led teams to hone their craft and produce world-class campaigns.
72&Sunny — Associate Creative DirectorSeptember 2014 - March 2016
● Collaborated with Activision’s production, strategy and account to relaunch Guitar Hero Live. With a campaign featuring Lenny Kravitz and James Franco, the :60 spot generated seven million views in its first week.
● Delivered an award-winning 360 campaign for Destiny, and its expansion pack The Dark Below.
● Managed and mentored junior teams.
Saatchi & Saatchi L.A. — Associate Creative DirectorNovember 2012 - August 2014
● Partnered with strategy, account, media, and production to deliver a 360-campaign that began as a live roller experience at Six Flags. According to Nielsen Ratings, Toyota Camry’s “Thrill Ride” campaign was the most well-received campaign in Toyota’s 30+ years of advertising Camry.
TBWAChiat Day — Senior CopywriterJanuary 2011 - November 2012
● Created the internationally-awarded “Ice Cube on Eames,” film for The Getty Center.
● Created a global campaign for Gatorade featuring Usain Bolt that ran in twenty-seven countries.
Sid Lee Montreal — Senior CopywriterDecember 2008 - December 2010
● Generated a 360 global campaign for adidas Originals, that included eight spots. Collaborated with global and regional stakeholders in France, the UK, North America and China to ensure brand consistency in storytelling. Created and produced The adidas Star Wars Cantina spot which garnered multiple awards.
● Pitched and won adidas Global. Was lead copywriter on the adidas is All In global launch campaign. Managed and mentored three teams to ensure their contributions kept to the same high standard.
● Collaborated with Sid Lee architecture to design the interior of apparel brand Style Exchange’s flagship store in Montreal
BBDO Atlanta — CopywriterMarch 2004 - December 2008
● Created award-winning work for At&T, and the Peace Corps. Other clients included Georgia Natural Gas, The Georgia Lottery, and Bayer Advanced.
Awards And Recognition
Cannes, One Show, D&AD, ADC, New York Times, ESPN, Hypebeast, Wall Street Journal, Pitchfork, Addys Gold, Adland.tv, Adage, Dwell, LBBonline, OpenCulture
● Creative Circus, Atlanta, Gerogia (Advertising degree)
● university of Pittsburgh (B.A., creative Writing)